Digi-TSC™ (Telecomm Shelter Controller)
The Digi-TSC, or Telecomm Shelter Controller, manages multiple compressors simultaneously at lower speeds vs. a primary and secondary compressor function
- Optimizes the control of the compressor speed for up to three A/C units
- Conversion of the existing On-Off operation of the compressor to continuous capacity modulation ensures that the space load requirements are met
- Easily mounts inside the telecommunications equipment shelter
Get in touch with us if you are ready to achieve an energy savings of up to 30%!.
Click on the links below for more information about the Digi-TSC:
- Soft start and stop operation of the compressors
- Designed redundancy with two VFD’s/ single VFD is capable of managing compressors in the event of a VFD failure
- Does not effect the existing system control capabilities:
- Digi-TSC is subject to the existing controls
- Full visibility and functionality remain
- Alarm notifications on equipment failures remain
- Easy installation (4 hours)
- 30% Energy Savings
- Running lower speeds and reducing compressor lift creates greater capacity in existing heat exchanger resulting in 30% kWh and kW peak demand savings
- Consistent and Safe Control of the Space Temperature
- Longer run-times result in a more consistent space temperature profile and adherence to the temperature bandwidth
- Improved Equipment Lifespan
- Co-compressor management vs. primary/secondary functionality reduces risk of premature failure
- Soft start /stop reduces system wear and tear and increases the lifespan of the equipment
How Does the Digi-TSC help to create energy savings?
- On average, the room load of a telecommunications shelter is 40 to 60% of the design cooling capacity
- The increased capacity of the existing heat exchanger enabled through the reduction of the compressor speed and compressor lift creates a compressor savings of up to 30%
Where is the Digi-TSC mounted?
- The Digi-TSC is mounted inside the telecommunications shelter room near the AC unit
How much time does it takes to install a Digi-TSC unit?
- It takes about 4 hours to install a Digi-TSC unit
What is the typical energy savings?
- Use of the Digi-TSC results in a typical energy savings of 1500kWh – 2000 kWh/ton
Safety & redundancy?
- The two VFDs are redundant to each other, transferring loads in the event of a fault
- Automatic fault reset of the VFD from a fault condition
Is the existing TSC unit controller by-passed?
- Yes, the Digi-TSC serves as the controller of the A/C units
What maintenance is required?
- Annual PMs of the VFD fan ensure that it is properly functioning and free of obstructions
Does the Digi-TSC have networking capabilities?
- Yes, the Digi-TSC can be networked to a centralized monitoring system using the Modbus protocol via a communications bridge