Digi-VAV ™ AHU-Chilled Water/DX Coil
The Digi-VAV measures the true fan airflow using our embedded patented technologies. It also measures the CO2 concentration level in the outside, return, and supply air streams. The Digi-VAV resets the minimum airflow at each terminal box, optimizing both the AHU outside air intake and the supply air static pressure. This results in a reduction in the cooling/heating of excess airflow.
Typical System Problems:
- Excess airflow results in the excessive consumption of heating /cooling energy
- Fixed outdoor air intake ratio at AHU level
- Fixed minimum air flow rates at the terminal box level
- Cannot guarantee fresh air requirement levels are achieved
- High installation and ongoing maintenance costs due to the need for individual CO2 sensors
- The indoor air quality requirements are satisfied by resetting the minimum airflow for each zone based on the zone occupancy schedules and supply air quality
- The outdoor air intake ratio is reset based upon the building occupancy conditions
- The static pressure is reset based upon the fan airflow
Get in touch with us if you are ready to achieve a 30-80% energy savings!
Click on the links below for more information about the
- Minimum airflow of each terminal box
- Minimum outside air intake based upon the building occupancy schedule
- Static pressure based upon the true airflow as measured by the speed and power of the VFD
- Decreases heat/reheat energy consumption by about 30 – 80%
- Lowers cooling energy consumption by about 10 – 25%
- Reduces fan power consumption by about 30 – 50%
- Ensures adequate indoor air quality, zone thermal control, and building pressures
- Complies with ASHRAE Standard 62.1 & CA Tile 24 air quality requirements
- Eliminates the need for individual CO2 room sensors
How does the Digi-VAV save energy?
- The Digi-VAV dynamically resets the minimum airflow of each terminal box based on the supply air quality and the occupancy status. This allows for a lower and more accurate minimum airflow set-point, thus reducing unnecessary heating and cooling at the terminal box
- The Digi-VAV dynamically resets the supply static pressure based on the measured building load. It also lowers the set-point to allow the fan to run at lower speeds
Does the Digi-VAV control the staging of the compressors?
Does the Digi-VAV controller replace the existing AHU controller or terminal box controller?
- No, the controllers remain
Does the Digi-VAV communicate with the AHU controller or terminal box controller?
- No, the Digi-VAV communicates with the BAS controller thus providing the revised set-point for the supply static pressure, minimum OA damper, and terminal box minimum airflow
Do the existing supply fan VFDs need to be replaced?
- No, they do not need to be replaced
Where is the Digi-VAV mounted?
- The Digi-VAV is mounted inside the mechanical room next to the AHU
How long does it typically take to install a Digi-VAV unit?